Happy New Year to anyone who is reading this!
The holidays are over and it's time to get back to work. Not that I didn't work during the holidays of course.
The essay I had to write for my Research Methods assignement is now 3 days late and still going. Will I ever be able to finish it? The issue is that I chose a topic 2 months ago, in a rush, and now that I actually have to write about it, I realise how little sens it makes.
To make a long story short, my idea was to write about healing and therapeutic gardens, and how the theory can be translated into practical design decisions. Something pretty basics and not innovatory in any way. Just a litterature-based essay with a bit of my own critical thoughts thrown in it. The idea was to illustrate this concept with examples from Anne Ribes' work (her association Belles Plantes has a website here: http://mapage.noos.fr/bellesplantes/). Now it doesn't work so well, because a/ her work, as described in her book "Toucher la Terre" is purely therapeutical, with only very few input on landscape architecture. It's more her philosophy that matters then. And b/ I basically end up copying stuffs that have been done before, paraphrasing entire chapters, for a work that seems completely pointless.
On the side, something more fractals related: I downloaded HarFA (http://www.fch.vutbr.cz/lectures/imagesci/) an experimental software performing fractal analysis. Now I am working on understanding how to use it properly but I know it does exactly what I need, namely: calculating the fractal dimension of a picture with the box counting method.
What I will do with this is still undefined of course. I am working on developping three proposals for potential topics, with pros and cons and everything. Then we will chose.
So January is starting off. Now let's go back to work.
lundi 11 janvier 2010
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire